Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Be strong

"You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus."--2 Timothy 2:1. Paul, writing to Timothy to remain strong under difficult circumstances at Ephesus.  Paul reminds Timothy of his grandmother, Lois and his mother Eunice.  Paul also reminds Timothy that he too has had his share of struggles in his walk with Christ as he shared the saving gospel message with others.  Paul reminds Timothy that he has been given a spirit not of timidity but of power, love, and discipline.  Paul describes a host of other things, the most important being the fact that God has saved us and called us with a holy calling through Christ Jesus "who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel." (2 Timothy 1:8-10).

Be strong.  Last night, the most amazing thing happened.  Two souls were added to the body of Christ! Around 10:00 last night Kelsey and Kaitlyn were baptized into Christ.  These two girls, 14 and 10 years old respectively are officially my sisters now but for a long time they, and their other sister Jessica have been like little sisters to me.  Their parents, Shane and Paula (also my brother and sister in Christ) , and their baby brother Joshua I consider all my family.

After I got home last night their baptism was all I could think about because I was so excited for them and for Jessica, Shane, and Paula.  Shane, the proud father had the privilege of baptizing his two girls. I also found myself still excited and thinking about it this morning when I woke up.

So what does this have to do with 2 Timothy 2:1? Well, Paul's encouragement to Timothy is to be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. Kelsey and Kaitlyn are babes in Christ.  Strength is especially crucial for them  being new Christians. I thank God they are members of a faithful family and I know that above everyone else, their parents, Shane and Paula will provide them the strength they need in their new walk with Christ. Kelsey and Kaitlyn, if you read this, like Paul told Timothy to remember the faith of his mother, remember the faith of your mother [and of course your father :-)].  May not only Kelsey and Kaitlyn, but may we all BE STRONG IN THE GRACE THAT IS IN CHRIST JESUS! PRAY FOR OUR NEW SISTERS! LOVE Y'ALL! GOD BLESS!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much David! That means a lot to us and I will have them read this when they get up! I didn't sleep all night and am still so happy and excited! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks David :) That means a lot to me and Kaitlyn :) Thanks for being there. We love you big brother :) Thanks Kelsey, and Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete