Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Life is short

David Malley-Garza
Patches. You are loved and you will be missed.

"Man, who is born of woman, is short lived and full of turmoil."--Job 14:1.  Job.  A man who remained faithful to God despite the difficult circumstances God allowed Satan to bring upon him.  Job lost everything except his own life.  He was struck with sickness.  He lost his children and his wealth.  In this somber chapter Job describes how short this life really is.  You can read Job 14:1-22 by clicking on the reference.

Life is short.  On this devo, I speak not just from my mind but from my heart.  I usually would rather write thoughts of a more positive nature or calling us to action.  But difficult circumstances are upon me.  As many of you know, I lost my dad on December 18th, 2010.  I am still coping with that.  Since then, however, I have had a number of friends and brothers/sisters in Christ lose loved ones and I have been to the funeral of one of them. Now I am facing death again of a a different sort. This afternoon I will be having to put my cat Patches (pictured above) to sleep.  In short, she developed arthritis which caused neurological (nerve) problems which caused bladder control problems and also a urinary tract infection (UTI). This led to my decision to put her down. She is 14 years old and for a cat that is old.  I do not want to take your valuable time to explain what factored in to my decision.

I read Job 14:1 and the words ring so true. Man is short lived and full of turmoil.  The question remains what do I do about it? What do we about it? I can't deny that this is a difficult time for me, despite the walls I may put up.  I have had Patches for 10 years and she has become like my child hence why this is so difficult. But I maintain Job's mindset in Job 2:10. "Shall we accept good from God and not accept adversity?" I admit I fail to understand what God is doing in my life but I trust Him enough for Him to see me through my adversity.  I have dealt with a lot of heartache ever since my dad died in various areas. As they say, when it rains, it pours. I simply ask for your prayers.

You reader are part of the reason I have remained strong through all my adversity. Thank you for faithfully reading the thoughts I post, whether somber or positive in nature. Oh and Job's account does have a happy ending, I encourage you to read that book. It is a good book. I TRULY DO LOVE Y'ALL! MAY GOD BLESS YOU! THANKS FOR READING!

1 comment:

  1. Please be with David at this time Oh Lord and comfort him as is your nature to do (2 Cor. 1:3-7). Great thoughts brother, keep up the hard work!
    In Him, Steven Hill

    ReplyDelete