Total Pageviews

Friday, August 26, 2011

Seeking...


"But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul."--Deuteronomy 4:29.  In the context, Moses is still urging Israel to keep the law of God when they go into the Promised Land.  He tells them what will happen if they go into idolatry.  Terrible things would happen but it is from there that the people would go back to seeking the Lord with all their heart and soul.

Seeking.  Have you ever wanted something so bad that you would do just about anything to get it? Has there ever been a time where you just needed to know something because something has happened and you needed answers?  To be this determined usually requires something pretty drastic to happen.  Before we get in to exploring this verse, this was much of the reason I wound up here in Colorado.  Back in California, there was a lot of negative things going on around me.  I was having problems in my ministry and at my job.  I had some financial troubles and to top it all off I had a very sick dad that was creating a lot of tension in my family.  Bottom line is I found myself in a negative atmosphere and I began to ask myself if this is what God really wanted for me, for me to stay and tough this situation out.  In my search for answers, I explored the opportunity to come to the Bear Valley Bible Institute of Denver.  Six months before completing my college degree, I jumped on the website (that you can visit by clicking the highlighted link), and I realized I had no reason not to come.  Despite the frustrations, I could no longer ignore the fact that ministry is what God wanted me to do.  I was looking for answers and through a series of negative circumstances, God provided them.  I was seeking.

Seeking.   It is unfortunately that negative circumstances would cause Israel to seek after God through a negative series of circumstances.  Much of these, if not all of these would be of their own making and could have been avoided by obeying but this still prompted them to seek after God.

Sometimes circumstances are beyond our control and not always our fault.  Most other times though the negative circumstances around us are of our own making.  Most of the time getting out of these circumstances requires us to look for something "beyond ourselves." The sad thing is that some people will turn to drugs or alcohol which bring temporary relief.  However, there are those that realize the only person they really have to turn to is God so they start seeking.

The encouragement I would like to give you is simply this.  If you are going through a rough time, seek after God with all your heart and soul especially through prayer.  Luke 11:9 tells us that if we seek, we will find.  This chapter is talking about prayer and being persistent in prayer.

Furthermore though we must remember that there are people out there that still need to obey the gospel.  Many of those people are ready to do so but they are seeking for someone to help them realize it.  This is where you and I come in.  A lot of these people are in circumstances they don't think they can get out of.  It is up to us to help them out of those circumstances beginning with bringing them to an obedience of the gospel.  I know it's easier said than done but it's not impossible.

So if you know someone who is seeking, go to that person and help them find God and His Son, our Savior Jesus Christ.  But if you are reading this and you are the one seeking, feel free to email me at davidmalleyg@gmail.com and I would be happy to help answer any questions you may have about God, His Son Jesus or what it means to obey the gospel.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! PRAY ABOUT IT! LOVE Y'ALL! GOD BLESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment