Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 8, 2011

May We Be Complete and without blame

"May your spirit, and soul, and body be preserved complete, without blame..."--1 Thessalonians 5:23.  I look at this passage and I am reminded that EVERYTHING about us needs to be sanctified down to our very soul.  It is so hard to wrap our minds around just how holy our God really is.  I do not think we fully understand the gravity of the impact sin can have on our relationship of God.  What may seem like not such a big deal to us could be a HUGE deal to God.  And here is why.

Sometimes it scares me to know that God knows me better than I know myself.  I know through my obedience to the gospel I am in a saved relationship with God but realizing that God knows each and everyone of us better than we know ourselves should cause us to look at ourselves long and hard on a DAILY basis to make sure we are living up to what God expects of us as members of His kingdom.  If we claim to love God, we are told that we must follow His commands.  Jesus tells us that only He who does the will of the Father will enter the kingdom of Heaven. To be complete is to not be missing anything.  To be without blame is to abstain from every form of evil as put in verse 22 of this same chapter.  Then and only then will our spirit, soul, and body be complete.  We must examine ourselves daily against the Scriptures and not only see if we are doing the will of God but also look to see if our attitude in doing so lines up with what the Scriptures say it should be.  My next devotional will actually deal with what attitude we ought to serve the Lord.  But what I encourage you to do prior to going to bed is to examine yourself whether its in prayer or in Bible Study or both!  The Lord is already searching us and He already knows us.  May He reveal to us what He already knows about us.  May we ALWAYS be complete and without blame.  Love you guys.  Pray about it.  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment