Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

God's Timing

"When God...was pleased."--Galatians 1:15
"But when God, who had set me apart even from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, was pleased."--Galatians 1:15. Paul here is describing what was going on his life both prior to and after his conversion to Christ.  Before, he was the best of the best when it came to Judaism.  He sincerely believed he was doing God's will by persecuting and destroying the church.  He would soon find out while he was sincere, he was sincerely wrong. His encounter with Christ on the road to Damascus and his baptism changed everything.  But something I just noticed in looking at this verse, his conversion happened "when God...was pleased."  It was God's timing, not Paul's.

God's timing. God's timing is something I have failed time and again to take into consideration when I am out doing His work.  Sometimes I get impatient when I have engaged in evangelism and God does not bring about any immediate change.  I get impatient when I know I have done what God has expected me to do in other areas of my life and He does not bring about any immediate change.  I think we all have fallen into this situation. In my experience, I have run into this mostly in the area of evangelism.  But I think we can apply God's timing to any area of our lives. The point I am trying to make is that God wants us to give Him room to work. Yes, faith without works is dead.  But we must be careful not take that passage and use it as an excuse to do everything ourselves. Ultimately, if we were capable of doing it all ourselves, we wouldn't need Jesus. As I THINK SOULS, I am reminded of Paul's words that one plants the seed, another waters it but it is God who causes the growth.  We have to keep God's timing in mind at all times.  You may share the gospel with someone and they may not immediately convert. God's timing is crucial here. You never know, that person may convert and you may never know about it.  All because you planted a seed. But it was God who caused the growth. It is God's timing, not ours.

Honestly, I don't have a practical way of applying this concept this week except to encourage you to continue doing His work however you practically can. However, if you have read this and you know you need to get right with God, consider God's timing. He does not want you to wait, He wants you to get right with Him now through His Son Jesus Christ. May we always remember it's God's timing, not ours. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! PRAY ABOUT IT! LOVE Y'ALL GOD BLESS!  THINK SOULS!

No comments:

Post a Comment