Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Exposure...


"But if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin."--1 John 1:7.  Here John is drawing a contrast, we see this by the use of the word but.  John is drawing a contrast between walking in darkness and walking in light.  He says in verses 5 and 6 that since God is light, we must walk in the light.  If we walk in the darkness we have no fellowship with God.  And here in verse 7 we find that if we walk in darkness we do not even have fellowship with one another. What John is basically saying is that we need exposure.

Exposure.  No doubt the image above grabs your attention.  The light from the light house exposed the darkness that surrounds it.  That is just what naturally happens, light dominates darkness.  The smallest light is always what stands out in the middle of the darkest of places.

Exposure.  We as Christians we need more exposure.  I can speak from both direct and second hand experience that we can't have a solid relationship with God or with each other if we are trying to hide things from each other.   This is not to say we need to be all up in each other's business and be nosy about things but we need to be willing to share our struggles and our sins with one another. We need exposure.

Exposure.  It's hopeless to try to hide something from God as He sees everything.  But it's not good to hide our sins and our struggles from each other as Christians either.  We need exposure.

Exposure.  To practically do this, unless you feel you need to, I am not saying you have to go forward this coming Sunday and publicly confess what is happening in your life. My encouragement for you and for us is to find a brother or sister you know you can confide in and share that struggle or sin with him or her. This creates accountability and it allows that person to help you through your struggle and I guarantee it builds the relationship.  And even better, Jesus will cleanse us of all sin if we walk in the light.  Last night I was able to share a struggle of my own with a very close friend and brother. When I did he actually made the statement to me, "It's part of walking in the light." I couldn't agree more based on 1 John 1:7. Thanks Shane. :-)

Exposure.  Finally, I need exposure as well. I am taking this opportunity to ask you, the reader to please pray for me and my family as we have experienced a very sudden death in the family. I'm not at liberty to discuss details but please pray for me and my family as we grieve our loss.  We cannot have fellowship with God or with one another if we don't gain exposure.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! PRAY ABOUT IT! LOVE Y'ALL! GOD BLESS! AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!      

No comments:

Post a Comment