Total Pageviews

Monday, April 18, 2011

"It's Not My Fault"

Blurb: These thoughts are based on a point I heard brought out regarding the following passage during a gospel meeting I was at this weekend. Wayne Burger, an instructor of mine at the Bear Valley Bible Institute of Denver was the speaker...

"The man said, 'The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me from the tree and I ate.' Then the Lord God said to the woman, 'What is this you have done?' And the woman said 'The serpent deceived me, and I ate."--Genesis 3:11-12.   Adam and Eve have just been caught for eating from the tree they were commanded not to eat of. Naturally, they must answer for what they have done.  But you'll notice from the passage neither wants to take responsibility for their actions and they blame the other. They basically say "It's not my fault."

It's not my fault. We have all heard this excuse before. I am willing to bet that all of us have probably used it ourselves at some point in our lives.  We live in a world that does not want to be held accountable for the choices they make.

We notice from the passage that Adam blames Eve for "making him do it." But something I hadn't noticed before until it was brought out this weekend was Adam indirectly blames God for causing him to sin, we see this with the statement, "The woman whom You gave..." This reminds me of how often people blame God for the consequences of their own choices.

It's not my fault. After Eve is the center of attention, she blames the serpent, the devil. This also brings to mind the statement that some kids or even adults will sometimes make, "The devil made me do it."

What we have to realize is that in reality no one or nothing can make us do anything. Sin is a choice. Following God is a choice. Adam could have chosen not to eat of the fruit. Eve could have done the same. Adam also could have chosen to remind Eve of what God had commanded. They obviously made the wrong choice.

We have a choice. A choice to follow God, and His commands or not. Even if we have sinned, the option to turn back to Him is still available. We have to remember that we will be held accountable for our actions whether they were good or bad.

We have to remember, God is not going to accept the excuse of "It's not my fault." What will you choose? DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! PRAY ABOUT IT! LOVE Y'ALL! GOD BLESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment