Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 10, 2011

I have a secret.

"I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need."--Philippians 4:12.  In writing to the Philippians Paul wanted them to be among other things content.  He wanted them to live in peace, mainly Euodia and Synteche who were at odds with each other.  What was Paul's secret to contentment?  It was Christ.

This passage precedes one of the most well known passages in the book of Philippians.  I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.  Christ is the secret to getting through every situation we come into.  Admittedly sometimes trusting Christ is easier said than done.  Sometimes the circumstances we find ourselves in have an uncertain outcome.  Personally, I think those are the most interesting circumstances to be in.  It is through uncertain circumstances that I have really learned to trust Christ. But you know what? Those  uncertain circumstances have not always been negative.  As I write this I am facing a variety of uncertain circumstances involving my future but the journey so far has been wonderful.  Why? Because trusting Christ above everything else while building relationships with the people involved is the secret that makes it a wonderful ride.

I have not been in circumstances as extreme as Paul encountered in his life.  But looking at Paul and how he endured what he endured should make us realize while we may be uncertain about our future, Christ will give us strength during the journey. How does Christ give us strength? Well for one He has given us the people we love and care about to get us through the uncertain circumstances in our lives, positive or negative.  He has also allowed us to be a source of strength to others in uncertain times.  As Christians, we are a family, and we need to learn to lean on each other for the strength to get us through the uncertain times in our lives. I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.  That is the secret to contentment. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! PRAY ABOUT IT! LOVE Y'ALL! GOD BLESS!    

No comments:

Post a Comment