Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Something New...

Initiative requires a first step
"For this reason it says, awake sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you."--Ephesians 5:14.   This passage is saying just what it says.  WAKE UP!  Paul is instructing us to learn to walk in the light and to make the most of our time "because the days are evil."  This passage will be the beginning of a new series of blogs dealing with initiative. As Christians, initiative is crucial.  Initiative requires us to take that first step.  As Christians, we need to take that first step and come out from the darkness into the light.  We need to take the initiative to step out of our comfort zones and start making a real difference for Christ.  Why? Because as I quoted earlier from Ephesians 5:16 "the days are evil."  

This week has been especially rough on me.  While there has been a lot of good going on, it has been interspersed with heartache.  Just within the last two weeks, I have heard of 4 people dying.  Probably double that within the last two months.  Sadly, one of them was a child.  Many of my friends and family near and far are struggling with something from the loss of a loved one to medical issues.  I also have had my own struggles and stressors this week.  This has caused me to see the reality of our fallen world and how frail we really are. This makes me realize not only how much I need God's love but how much the world is screaming for God's love.  A lot of what is going on around me makes me realize people are dying.  Is it getting me down? Maybe.  But am I taking it laying down? To this question I respond with an emphatic NO!

Friends, Brethren, as Christians we have not a Spirit of timidity but a Spirit of power given by Almighty God Himself to share HIS love with others.  We have the power to make a real difference in the world and in people's individual lives.  As you sit reading this, think of your next door neighbor.  Have you taken time to really talk to him/her and see how he/she is doing? We can't make disciples of nations if we don't have the courage to take the INITIATIVE to step outside our front door. You don't need a passport to do mission work. We are constantly in a mission field and this includes in our own homes with our family, our neighborhoods, our cities and ultimately the world! So, awake sleeper, arise from the dead, and I guarantee Christ will shine on you! TAKE THE INITIATIVE! PRAY ABOUT IT! LOVE Y'ALL! GOD BLESS!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment