Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Who do you trust?


"It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man"--Psalm 118:8.  This is a Psalm that describes God's EVERLASTING loving kindness.  This is a Psalm that emphasizes the fact that if God is for us none can be against us.  This is a Psalm describing that fact that God is our helper. This is a Psalm that emphasizes the fact that God never changes.  This is a Psalm that tells us that we can trust God because He never changes.  God never changes. Therefore we can trust Him. 

Trust. Who do you trust?  Trust is one of the most fragile parts of a relationship.  Trust.  Once you lose someone's trust it can take a lifetime to get it back.  Trust.  I believe this is a concept we can all relate to.  Why? Because at some point in our lives, we all have lost the ability to trust a particular person.   Why is it that some people are one person to your face and when you turn your back they are completely different? The unfortunate fact is it is because people change and people will betray our trust.  This is the first time I have publicly admitted that due to events in my life, I have trouble trusting people because in my life I have been betrayed by some, not all, but some of those closest to me.  That is neither here nor there. But what does it have to do with Psalm 118:8

Well it makes me thank God that we serve an UNCHANGING God.  EVERYTHING about God is UNCHANGING.  His love is UNCHANGING.  This is what sets our God apart from everyone we know.  We live in an imperfect world and people are going to let us down. 

I hate that I have let others down which reminds me how much I need the grace of God and how much I need to TRUST Him. 

So who do you trust? I really don't have a practical application here except to remind yourself that God will NEVER leave you or forsake you, and that His loving kindness is EVERLASTING. Pray about it! Love y'all! God bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment